How to avoid the mold allergy

July 20,2021

Mold allergies aren't life-threatening, but they can make your body sick.

The easiest way to tell if you're allergic to mold is to see whether your allergies are worse on rainy days. In addition, here are some tips to help you identify if you are allergic to mold.

A mold is a fungus that grows in a moist environment. Mold spores are constantly floating in the air, and when those spores attach to a wet surface, mold begins to grow. The core allergen is mold spores. When mold spores enter the air, they make their way into your nose. It can lead to allergies or asthma.

You may not be aware of mold growing inside your house because mold grows secretly when you're not noticing. Like, there's a leak in the roof or plumbing, a buildup of moisture in the basement, a damp place under the carpet, and mold allergies are not seasonal because mold grows all year round. The proportion of people with mold allergies is higher in hot and humid areas.

Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, coughing, congestion, watery and itchy eyes, and postnasal drip, which many people might mistake for a cold or sinus infection. If you have asthma, your asthma symptoms can get worse when you get mold-allergic, and you may have a violent cough, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, etc.

A child may be the only person in the family with an allergy to mold.

A child may be the only person in the family with an allergy to mold. Children may be exposed to mold from school, from the outdoors, or at home. In particular, children who are allergic to mold and have asthma may develop severe allergic reactions and exacerbate their asthma when playing outside.

If you're not sensitive to mold, you'll probably never have an allergic reaction. For people with asthma, outdoor mold can exacerbate symptoms, but it doesn't cause asthma. In addition, the mold associated with asthma is found outdoors.

People who are sensitive to mold spores may be susceptible to allergic pneumonia (HP). One of the most common types of HP is called "farmer's lung". The farmer's lungs are a severe allergic reaction. The mold has been found in hay and some crop. In addition, the farmer's lung is difficult to diagnose as it is a chronic condition whose symptoms may experience: shortness of breath, fever, chills, phlegm, muscle pain. It can cause scar tissue to form in the lungs and eventually cause fibrosis. And it will cause permanent damage to the human body.

Therefore, the effective suppression and elimination of mold are vital for everyone.

Here are a few ways:

1. Carry out timely repairs to the leaking place in your home.

2. Clean your kitchen trash cans regularly to prevent mold buildup.

3. You can use a dehumidifier at home to remove excess water.

4. Wear a mask when working outdoors to prevent contact with mold spores.