AlorAir Basement/Crawl Space Dehumidifiers 198 PPD (Saturation), 90 PPD (AHAM), Energy Star Listed, 5 Years Warranty, Auto Defrosting System, cETL, up to 2,600 sq. ft, Optional Remote Monitoring
Model : Sentinel HD90
$1,047.11List Price: $1,250.00
Compared to other similar products on the market, Sentinel HD90 has always been more advantageous due to its heavy-duty components and energy-saving feature. It has a powerful capability of dehumidification and can be strategically ducted in a different room/area.
Highlights: ENERGY STAR certified/ 5 Years Warranty/ MERV-1 Filter/ Automatic Defrost/ cETL certified/ Optional Remote Control
AlorAir Sentinel HD90 Conventional Dehumidifier This is one of the most reliable dehumidifiers on the market. While it is also applicable for commercial use such as in office spaces, it is being widely used for basements and crawl spaces. This is mostly due to its stable and steady performance without incurring too much noise and electrical consumption. Homeowners are able to save while enjoying its dehumidifying capabilities.
Especially in a home with children and the elderly, it is important to maintain the safest indoor air quality to support their fragile health. This can be done by the use of a reliable dehumidifier. It will do its job of extracting excess moisture which is the reason for having a habitable environment for molds and other harmful entities that bring allergies, skin irritations, respiratory issues, and other immune-related diseases.
Compared to other similar products in the market, the AlorAir Sentinel HD90 Conventional Dehumidifier has always been more advantageous because of its heavy-duty features. It has a powerful dehumidification capacity and can be strategically ducted in a different room/area.
· Built with an automatic defrosting system
· Energy Star certified
· Has a high COP
· Has a remote control
· Gravity drained
· Equipped with a rare alloy tube evaporator
· Ergonomically designed for easy dismantling
· Has a rotary compressor
· Proven to extract the maximum amount of excess moisture even in environments with low humidity
· Has an intelligent power-off memory protection
· Has a compact design
· Supply duct optional Application
1. Protection from disease - Harmful microorganisms live in high-humidity environments and damage the surfaces they reach. Not properly extracted and prevented, they can cause various health risks such as allergies, skin irritation, respiratory illnesses, and immune-related diseases. Another dangerous group that poses health risks is mosquitoes. They also thrive in moist places. They can infect people with nasty diseases like dengue fever or malaria. Fortunately, a dehumidifier helps prevent their growth and harmful effects.
2. Cost-effective: Buying a dehumidifier is one of the best investments a person can make. It's designed to function optimally and is energy-saving. Plus, it can prevent damage caused by excessive moisture in the long run.
3. Optimal remediation support - Users can be sure they'll get maximum performance to facilitate their remediation work. It's portable, durable, and reliable in the remediation of severe water damage.
4. Protecting property from damage - The place will be inhospitable to harmful microorganisms that could attack your valuables.
5. Priority safety by preventing structural problems - can primarily prevent accidents if you have a dehumidifier at home that prevents excess moisture from weakening the structure and foundation of your home.
6. Pleasant workplace - It's been proven that a workplace is positively affected by fresh air to breathe. When you provide perfect ventilation, your employees will be optimally productive and benefit from each other's motivated work ethic.
More so, all of our dehumidifiers come with a reliable warranty, which you can also read about on this website. If you've any further questions, don't hesitate to contact our customer service representatives. We'll be happy to help you decide on your dehumidifier needs.
AlorAir Sentinel HD90 Conventional Dehumidifier Compared to other similar products in the market, the AlorAir Sentinel HD90 Conventional Dehumidifier has always been more advantageous because of its heavy-duty features. It has a powerful dehumidification capacity and can be strategically ducted in a different room/area.
Because of its high customer rating, not only is it being chosen for residential use, but also for commercial restoration projects
Applications With its ergonomic design that eases its ability for frequent transportation and usage, its sturdy housing that expertly protects its internal components, and its overall caliber, the AlorAir Storm Ultra LGR Commercial-Grade Dehumidifier has been one of the top choices for various applications such as:
Proper Use and Maintenance Every dehumidifier needs proper usage and maintenance to support its long-lasting capability. Here are some safety tips for using and maintaining it:
· Before using it, keep it steady in an upright position for about 30 minutes to allow the refrigerant and other internal components to settle
· If the unit is newly delivered, let it settle for about 12 hours before using it
· Make sure that your desired area is well-sealed by either shutting all windows, vents or using other barriers
· It must be connected to a grounded electric source to avoid accidents and damage
· Make sure you have the right power supply to avoid electrical issues
· It is not suggestible to use an extension cord as well as a power adaptor
· Use the control panel or remote to set your desired level of humidity
· The surface in which it is set to operate must be leveled and steady
· Do not position the discharge and inlet onto a wall
· Never tamper with the internal components while the unit is running
· Always maintain a 6ft. distance from any form of obstruction
· Avoid deploying it in areas with a high amount of corrosive materials
· Make sure to properly unplug it before deploying it to another area
· Never leave it plugged when not in use
· When cleaning, use a damp cloth dipped in mild soap solution in wiping its exterior
· Remember to check the inlet and outlet for any blockages
· Annually check up the coils for maintenance
· You may use a foaming coil cleaner for cleaning the coils
· Confirm that the cords are cleaned from any debris and are properly wrapped and secured for storage
· Make sure to properly dry it before storing
· If the unit gets flooded, make sure you completely let it dry by carefully opening it before attempting to reconnect it
· Seek professional help for other complex issues
· Never use the unit as a support or stepping stool when reaching high items
Make sure to read the manual and all other guides before using your dehumidifier, or any product for that matter. It is always better to be equipped with all essential information beforehand to reduce the risk of accidents and mishaps.
After going through three consumer-grade dehumidifiers that each lasted a year or two, I am convinced that this unit will last. It is simple and built like a tank, and it reduced the humidity level in my basement fast.
From the Amazon
By 'Malaka', Reviewed on December 17, 2022
Bought this "commercial grade" 5-ur warranty heavy duty unity to control the humidity in my basement back in may 2019. After six months I installed drainage tubing and the wired remote controller. Cleaned the unit every 6 months but about 18 months ago I started noticing that humidity smell in the basement and mold rings in the concrete floor. I called Alorair for support and was advised to set it to run constantly and reassured that it will take care of the problem. So many months later I bought the Midea ($243 delivered) dehumidifier they have at Costco needing to empty the big bucket every three days. I have an old $250 Hisense dehumidifier that has worked for at least 7 years without fail and a $1,200 Alorair that has failed in less than 3 years I will call Alorair again for support.
Dehumidifier really works!
From the Amazon
By 'Donna A. Corbo', Reviewed on November 12, 2022
I like the way it keeps our crawl space dry and our electric bill is still on budget!!
Difficulty in getting one not damaged from UPS had one week working so far
From the Amazon
By 'RockNRoll', Reviewed on November 07, 2022
NC house with crawl space. Noticed water under the crawl space air conditioner. Looked at insulation around air conditioner vents positioned near the outside walls and it was soaked. Hardwood staples rusting. Husband is contractor and plumber. We YouTubed videos to fix bought thick foam to close up vents and insulated door under crawl space. We had plastic already on dirt floor.
Ordered this unit without pump as they say that is what goes bad. It drains with gravity.
First unit UPS damaged and never delivered and gave us instant refund.
Second unit was damaged but I did not refuse it immediately. They are fragile and have Freon in them and after paying $1,008 with $150 coupon - we were afraid to keep it. Tried to take back to UPS store but they could not print a return label because it was in computer to pick it up because it was heavy what a headache that caused because now I had two return labels and took over a month to get Amazon to refund this time. Plus had to spend whole day waiting for UPS to come and get it. HUGE pain and deal. So refuse it if damaged and be at home for delivery.
Had working one week so we do not know how long it will last. Keeps house crawl space 69 degrees somehow (outside 80) and is pumping water out all day long. Seems to run all the time. Our house just damp underneath from problems and having to run extra time? Do not know. Will it continue to have to run continuously? Do not know.
Working good so far. Happy with third unit. (Two damaged in shipping & mailed back). Third unit delivered in a box truck and not in a regular UPS truck. The company needs to make wooden boxes but if they insurance them guess they sold two to UPS and one to us.
First house to ever do this. Do not understand why. Except I keep the house cold - 69 and the house is tight. But this year pushed air up to 75-76 and it did it again this year.
I have been coughing and feel very bad so we wonder if it is coming from having moisture under the house.
Hope it fixes all our problems.
Quiet and Great Looking for a Dehumidifier!
By 'Peter', Reviewed on May 06, 2022
I like everything about this dehumidifier! I use a drain tube, so it doesn't matter to me, but at the theoretical maximum of 198 ppd (saturation 90°F - 90%), 90ppd (AHAM 80°F - 60%). That's a lot of water, so this thing is a powerhouse. I'm also happy with how quiet (for a dehumidifier) it's. I wouldn't mind having it in a room where I've air conditioning or a fan. It looks really nice and is unobtrusively designed in my opinion. How often can you buy a product that both looks good and helps keep you comfortable? Definitely recommended. Two thumbs up! :-)
By 'Jamie', Reviewed on April 22, 2022
The unit is wonderful! We moved to Texas. It is quite humidity. my hips really started hurting where it became painful to walk. I tried to narrow it down to what was causing it and was at a loss. I spoke with a doctor who said in the summer because of the humidity and her arthritis. So I ordered a dehumidifier and I cannot tell you how much this has helped. It has pulled so much moisture out. It sits on a wood floor and it is not that noisy for all the good that it is doing. Great!
By 'Spring John', Reviewed on December 30, 2021
Ordered unit, it arrived as described two days later. Removed from packaging, untaped and plugged in. The unit works amazingly well, super quiet, removing about eight gallons of water from the air per day.
I wish I had purchased this unit long ago. I placed it in my basement and you can feel and see the difference in the humidity level.
So far, so good!
By 'Mabel', Reviewed on December 06, 2021
So far, so good! The musty, moldy smell is gone, and I can still see moisture coming through the tube leading to outside. So it is still working.
We purchased it for home use. We had a significant issue at my mom's home and didn't like the reviews of residential products, so we went with this one. So far, we are happy. It is compact, and it is also, in my opinion, reasonably quiet for its size.
We would purchase it again!
By 'Myrna', Reviewed on October 13, 2021
Our basement was so damp, and we needed a dehumidifier that was a certain height. This dehumidifier was the right size, and we liked and trusted the brand name, so we decided to give it a try. It was easy to set up and is working fine. We have only had it for about a month, but it appears to work well. We have it on the continuous run and draining into a drain in our basement. It is just what we were looking for, and it works so well in removing the dampness from the basement. We are glad we chose this one, and we would purchase it again.
By 'Rachel', Reviewed on October 08, 2021
We were experiencing a musty smell in the attic. We called an HVAC technician to fix it, but the issue will return when the attic gets wet. After searching online for a permanent solution was suggested that a humidifier be placed and run periodically over time to avoid moisture buildup. I have mounted this in my attic. It is working effectively in the big attic. Using this for a couple of months and have no odor issues now.