The tips of how to deal with the red mold

July 27,2021

Mold is often associated with black, gray, or green, and usually grows around food and water. But what do you know about red mold? If you're curious about it, read on.

A mold is a fungus that grows indoors and outdoors. It likes to grow in a moist, warm environment. The color of mold is variable. As a result, black, green, and even white mold can turn red over time. These include aspergillus, which is found mainly in bathrooms and grows on materials that have been damaged by water. In addition, humidity, light, the source of food, and the location of the mold growth are all possible causes of discoloration.

While the red mold is ugly, it's usually harmless on its own. But if you are sensitive or allergic to mold, mold exposure can lead to problems like breathing difficulties and infections of the skin, lungs, eyes, and other organs. Infants, children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems are among those most likely to be allergic or sensitive to mold.

Symptoms of mold sensitivity include sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, rashes, itching, watery eyes, asthma, chest tightness, dizziness, weakness, headache, and shortness of breath (shortness of breath). In addition to avoiding inhaling mold, avoid ingesting it as well. Therefore, when red mold is present in food, do not eat it. Red mold may be harmless if ingested, but if an allergic reaction occurs, see a doctor immediately.

If you're going to remove red mold yourself, be sure to take precautions and wear goggles, gloves, and a mask. Before cleaning, you should also open a window to increase ventilation. To remove red mold from bathroom showers, walls, and floors, you can use bleach (in the ratio of one part bleach to three parts water). Then soak the cloth in bleach and cover the mold surface. Let the solution stand for about an hour, then scrub or rinse with warm water.

So, we have to have measures to prevent mold generation.Humidity is the main factor of mold growth, so the first step is to eliminate excess moisture in the home. Indoor humidity below 50% is a more appropriate humidity. Therefore, it is helpful to reduce moisture by:

1. Turn on the air conditioner to reduce the humidity to the lowest possible level

2. Use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from the air

3. Fix leaks in pipes or roofs

4. Install a bathroom fan

5. Buy mildew-proof items such as mildew-proof shower curtains, carpets, and tiles

6. Refrigerate or keep food covered