We know that WiFi currently operates on two frequency bands; the older and more common 2.4GHz and the newer 5GHz frequency band. Most routers today are dual-band, which means they support two frequency bands. So why do intelligent home manufacturers insist on 2.4GHz?
How to Change Your WiFi Channel
How to Sign In To Your Router
1. Open any web browser. You can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other web browser.
2. Type your router’s default IP address into the search bar and press Enter.
Note: You might be prompted that the webpage you are trying to view is not secure. Ensure that you have the correct address typed in, then click on the option to proceed even if it’s unsafe.
3.Log in by typing your router’s user name and password.
4. Then open Wireless Settings.
5. Next, click the Channels drop-down menu and change your WiFi to a 2.4GHz channel.
6. Finally, make sure to hit Save or Apply.
How to Find Your Router's Password
If you didn’t change your router’s default password,
1. You can find the login details on the router or in the user manual. If you don’t see that information.
2. you can look at your router itself. Many routers come with stickers that have the login information printed on them. Usually, this sticker is on the back (or bottom) of the device. While there might be a lot of information on the sticker, you want to look for something like “Router Login details.”
If you know your router’s model number, you can also look it up on Google or enter it on this site https://192-168-1-1ip.mobi/default-router-passwords-list/ which has a complete list of default router usernames and passwords.
If you ever changed your router’s default password but you can’t remember it, you can reset your router and use the default password.
How to Find Your Router’s IP Address on Windows
- Click the Windows search bar, and type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Then press Enter. You can also double-click on the Command Prompt app that appears in the search results.
- Type ipconfig in the command line and press Enter.
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway.
How to Reset a Router to Factory Settings
There are several reasons why you might want to reset your router or modem to factory settings. Perhaps you want to sell your devices. Or maybe you want to reset your IP address. Whatever the case, here’s how to reset your router and modem.