Tips in Maintaining a Conducive Atmosphere at Home
Besides having a reliable dehumidifier, there are also some other
helpful tips in keeping a well- ventilated and well-dehumidified
atmosphere at home, especially in your basement. See the list below to
know more about them:
· Proper Channel for Drainage: Having a proper channel for drainage
keeps your indoor space safe from heavy rain to seep through your
foundation. Make sure to keep your channels sturdy and durable to do
· Surface Encapsulation: Another helpful way to keep excess moisture
from ruining your basement is by attaching a rigid foam insulation of
about 1.5 inches to cover the walls and flooring.
· Plastic Covering of Floor: It is also an option to cover your floor
with plastic. It is a similar way to encapsulate your space to
especially cover unwanted cracks or holes that might be passage ways
for excess moisture.
· Use of an Electric Fan: In an enclosed space where proper
ventilation is not naturally present, such as basements, you can
provide an air circulation using other appliances, such as an electric
fan. This would provide proper and steady aeration that would also
assist the purpose of your dehumidifier.
· Maintaining Cleanliness: This is true to any space in your home.
Cleaning your basement regularly would let you clear out unnecessary
debris, change wet insulations or plastic covers, and even rodent
infestations. This would avoid further damage to your basement.
· Use of a Wet/Dry Vacuum: This is a handy tool to have if you want to
suck out spilled liquid in surfaces. Most of them are a simple plug
and use tool that are very straightforward to utilize.
· Use of a Push Broom: In some cases where it is more applicable to
push away water, it is also a good option to use a push broom. It can
be used on its own or in most cases, they are used to reach the water
from far areas which you can collect with a vacuum afterwards.
These are all advantageous tips in keeping your basement clean.
Remember, they are most effective when done alongside the use of a
reliable dehumidifier which you can surely find from our vast
selection here at AlorAir.