How to use Sentinel HD55 Dehumidifier
If you want to optimize the efficiency of the sentinel HD 55 Dehumidifier, you need to do the following:
- Place the dehumidifier on a dry level surface. Avoid putting it on a vapor barrier such as a damp basement.
- Consult the manual when installing the unit
- When you want to switch the unit on or off, make use of the remote control.
- Avoid using the power switch to switch it off.
- Use the arrow keys to set your desired humidity level. Choose anything between 50- 55%.
- Even after the unit has been switched off via the remote control, ensure that you allow the fan to continue running until it stops. It helps to remove the dissipated heat.
- The unit drains itself automatically as it operates. However, if you are planning to keep it in-store, you must give an allowance of at least 10 minutes so that it can defrost. You should lean the drain a little bit to ensure that the unit drains completely.
When you want to store the unit, the following must be observed.
• Turn off the dehumidifier and allow it to dry.
• The power code should be wrapped and secured
• The filter mesh should be protected by covering it.
• Ensure the unit is stored in a clean dry place.
Where It Can Be Used Application
The unit finds a lot of applications in warehouses, basement, crawl spaces, and even offices. It is also used in shops, storage areas, apartments, and factories. Other places where the unit is likely to be used are in bars and restaurants and museums. It is also widely used in computer rooms to reduce dampness or dust. Sentinel HD 55 is an energy-efficient product that is, CE, ETL, Energy Star.
It is a whole-house dehumidifier that can be relied on to solve damage to any building. If a building suffers from dampness, Sentinel HD55 can be deployed to provide a solution to the humidity problem. The dehumidifier comes with a filter that makes installing it much easier. The fact that it features optional duct mounting flanges reduces the time it takes to have it installed.
How the Unit Operates
You will select the relative humidity you want. It uses the integral humidistat to monitor the space and conditions. When the humidity level rises beyond the set levels, the unit energizes. When this happens, it draws air across the evaporator coils. Typically, the coils will be cooler than the dew point of the air. Moisture will then condense out of the air. The remaining air will then be reheated and distributed into the condenser coil. It will then be redistributed in the house.
Installing The Unit
Ensure that you use vapor barriers to seal off the areas that you want to control its humidity levels. If it is the crawl spaces, check and ensure that all the vents are sealed.
Also, ensure that the environment in which you want to install the dehumidifier is not corrosive. Notice that we have some liquid barriers that dry through solvent evaporation. So it is your mandate to ensure that the barrier is dry and that the area is sealed.
Before using the dehumidifier, check and ensure that it is placed on a level surface. Avoid placing it to a vapor barrier.
Set the desired humidity level using the up and down button. Choose the most comfortable level for you. It should range from 35-90%. Once you set your point, the machine will stop dehumidifying as long as the setpoint has been reached. When indoor humidity rises above the set level, the machine automatically starts operating.
You can choose to set the machine into continuous mode. This can be done by using the up and down arrow. Check and ensure you see the continuous button illuminate green. It indicates that the unit has been switched to a continuous mode. You will see CO on the display screen.
Cleaning the unit
To optimize the use of the dehumidifier, it is necessary that you clean its body. You need is a soft piece of cloth to do this. Soak it in water without soap or solvent and use it to wipe the dehumidifier. Also, you may unplug and clean the filter by washing it with soap-less water. Alternatively, you may choose to vacuum the unit. Just try to ensure that it dries before reinstalling it. Notice that the coil must also be cleaned once in a year. You may use an approved coil cleaner to do this job.
- Before powering the sentinel dehumidifier, ensure that it is connected using a grounded electrical connection.
- When you choose to have the unit repaired or maintained, ensure that you get a competent technician.
- If you choose to move the dehumidifier to another place, unplug it from the power supply.
- If the unit gets flooded with water, it is recommended that you open it so that it can dry before attempting to reconnect it.
- Don’t position the discharge and the inlet onto the wall. Ensure that the inlet has a 12’’ space clearance while the discharge should have a 36’’ clearance.
- If the unit is close to a wall, ensure that the inlet is parallel to the wall while the discharge should face away from the wall.
- If you choose to clean the unit, ensure that it is unplugged from the power source.
- Don’t use the machine as a support when you want to reach items that are high.
Why the need for a dehumidifier?
Huge costs are incurred every year through inflated building maintenance costs and damaged inventory as a result of dampness. ALORAIR dehumidifiers are effective solutions to environmental control problems. Excess humidity in your premises results in corrosion, mold growth, and condensation. By installing an ALORAIR dehumidifier controlled humidity conditions can be maintained to provide protection in larger commercial areas and buildings.